Pages

Welcome!!!

Welcome to my new blog. I decided it was time to start this blog and dedicate it to Stampin Up. If you are new and just stopping by I have another blog you may want to visit. It's My Cricut Closet. While I will be dedicating that site to my Cricut and other crafts... I still have lots of Stampin Up projects over there. I hope to bring over a gallery soon. Until then you can click on this link to visit me there. Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going, Going... Gonna be GONE!

Pin It



Apologies up front, because this is such a long post. It's full of information that you need to know... but it's just not fun stuff. So please read through and don't get distracted... the best part is the Challenge at the end :)

I don't know about you, but I'm really excited about the upcoming new Stampin Up Idea Book & Catalog (IB&C). Normally the IB&C comes out on July 1st each year. This year it will come out on June 1st. That's just a little more than a month away. I can't wait! Stampin Up always amazes me with the new items they come up.
Along with the new IB&C this year, there are lots of changes as well. On a previous post I gave you the list of the stamp sets that will retire on May31, 2012. There are also some accessories that will be retiring as well. Before I give you some information about the items retiring let me go ahead and give you some links.



These links are for the lists in PDF format. They are sorted by page number so you can follow the list along with your catalog.

If you'd like to view pictures you can go to my site HERE. There you can find all the retiring products by category and see pictures of each item. You can also go ahead and purchase those items NOW. These retiring items are available through May 31st... BUT... they are available ONLY while supplies last. So don't wait. 

***Also notice that some of the items in the Retiring Accessories List are discounted... some up to 70%! That's an awesome deal! Dont miss out! ***


Ok... so maybe you've had a chance to see the Retiring Accessories List and you are freaking out. That's what I did! I saw ALL the Stampin Write Markers on there, ALL the Classic Ink Pads and quite a few other items. BUT... before you freak out like I did... let me explain a few things.

  • Stampin Write Markers will be available in select individual colors and color collections
  • 12x12 Smoth Card Stock will be available in select individual colors and color collections
  • 12x12 Textured Cardstock is retiring and will no longer be available
  • Craft Stamp Pads will now only be available in Black and White
Ok... so now that some of the anxiety has been taken away (at least it was for me, LOL)... here's what else is happening. You probably also noticed that ALL the Classic Stamp Pads were listed as well. DON'T WORRY! SU is not changing those colors or how they are sold. The packaging is being changed. SU is introducing a new Firm Foam Pads. The Firm Foam pads offer better ink coverage and, in turn, better stamped images. These are expected to also last longer. They will be available to order starting June1, 2012. 

Don't be afraid of the new Firm Foam Pads. This just means that Stampin Up wanted to give us an even better quality stamp pad than we already have. Don't feel like you will need to replace all your pads. I certainly won't be. 

One thing you will also need to be aware of with the new Stamp Pads...  (The following is from Stampin Up)

Please note: Five ink colors have undergone formula changes to improve functionality and color stability with the new firm foam pads. These colors are

Basic Black
Basic Gray
Marina Mist
Perfect Plum
Tempting Turquoise

All five colors of the reformulated inks have been fully tested and approved. While using the new ink formula in the old Stampin' Pads is fine, we do not recommend using the old ink formula in the new firm foam pads. Any refills purchased after April 30, 2012, will contain the new formulated ink.

CHALLENGE!!
Wow!!! Ok... I know it's been a long post full of lots of informations. Now it's time for some fun stuff. Lets celebrate the retiring lists with a challenge. If you have some of the retiring items make a card or a scrapbook page using those items. Upload a picture of that item to your blog, Facebook, Pinterest, SplitcoastStampers... or wherever. Then leave a comment here with a link to your project. Don't have a place or way to upload your work? Leave a comment here about what your favorite item is that is retiring and why you love it. I will pick one lucky winner to receive some of my "retired items stash". I have lots of embellishments from past catalogs... LOL... a lot of it is from 2003... :) I have buttons, brads, eyelets and ribbons. A lot of them are retired colors but they are still fun. 
***Please become a follower of this blog to be eligible for the prize. ***
So... get creating! I look forward to seeing what you create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment